The IMT-GT Roadmap for Development 2007-2011 defines the strategies and plans for achieving the IMT-GT's vision of a seamless, progressive, prosperous and peaceful subregion, with improved quality of life.
Adopted by the Second IMT-GT Summit in 2006, the Roadmap serves both as a strategic framework, as well as a plan of action to guide subregional cooperation. The five strategic thrusts for IMT-GT cooperation as defined in the Roadmap are:
- Facilitation and promotion of intra- and inter- IMT-GT trade and investment
- Promotion of agriculture, agro-industry and tourism
- Strengthening of infrastructure support and connectivity
- Addressing human resources development and natural resource management concerns
- Strengthening institutional support and public-private sector collaboration
Building A Dynamic Future: A Roadmap for Development 2007-2011